“The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.”
Kenneth Blanchard, University of Massachusetts, Schatz, Managing By Influence, (Prentice-Hall, 1986)
Entrepreneurs often begin to “lead” by using authority and too often like a dictator (I know, that’s how I started myself …). But over time, I have learned that to be a coach and supporter were key tools in order to become a great influencer. Read more on this post I did a couple of months ago …
Latest Top Posts
- Looking for funding? Here is my presentation template in 15 slides
- Employee mapping based on performance and potential
- My top 5 core values: #5 Communication, communication, communication
- “No battle was ever won according to plan, but no battle was ever won without one.”
- "The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority."
- My Presentation Tips & Tricks
- Why Apple would do just fine without Steve
- How often should your management team meet in person?
- How to solve high employee turnover ...
- What’s the point of a Launch Plan?
- B2B - Business intelligence and CRM related investments on the rise in Silicon Valley cbinsights.com/blog/silicon-v… via @cbinsights 10 hours ago
- RT @MartinDuchaine: Ce jeudi au CRIM présentation des finalistes #DefiMTL aux principaux investisseurs du Québec : soyez-y ! http://t.co/5O… 1 day ago
- RT @francoismat: #Montreal bootstrapped startup, tired of working on a plywood? I'm giving away a bunch of stuff, come pick it up! (Desks, … 5 days ago
- RT @gt: I got to see (and lift) this amazing @vanhawks connected bike in our office today. @kickstarter coming soon. http://t.co/Y5eLtjeINZ 6 days ago
- +1 RT @sebprovencher: Nouveau billet : " Sylvain Carle (@sylvain) : « On ne recrée pas Silicon Valley en 5 ans » " blogues.journaldemontreal.com/sebastienprove… 1 week ago
- How to create a viral news headline ... - "Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives" cnn.com/2014/04/16/sho… 1 week ago
- Gnip buy-up is a sign that Twitter is getting serious about selling big data venturebeat.com/2014/04/15/big… via @VentureBeat 1 week ago
Michel Besner has been successful for more than 15 years in bringing to market innovative products and solutions for the film, games development, video, broadcast, web, mobile messaging, and architectural market spaces. A leading visionary, Michel co-founded and was the President and CEO of Kaydara, developers of MotionBuilder, HumanIK Middleware and the FBX 3D interchange file format. MotionBuilder is a revolutionary real-time 3D animation software that has been used in movies such as The Matrix Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy and recently was an instrumental piece in the development of the virtual cinematography and motion capture used in Avatar. MotionBuilder was also used in AAA games such as EA Sports’ 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa, Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto IV, Epic Games Gears of War 2 and Ubisoft Assassin’s Creed.
Alias Systems acquired Kaydara in 2004 where Michel served as Vice-President of Business Development. Autodesk later acquired Alias in 2006 with Michel taking the responsibility of the 3D entertainment and design visualization portfolio (3ds Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, HumanIK, FBX). Afterwards, Michel moved into the mobile messaging market by joining OZ Communications as Senior Vice President Marketing. Nokia acquired OZ in November 2008.
Michel won several awards including Personality of the Year – 2003/2004 by the Québec Federation of IT (FIQ - Fédération de l’Informatique du Québec). Michel holds a bachelor degree in Computer Engineering from l’Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal and enjoys the good things in life such as collecting wine, playing golf and tennis as well as traveling. Michel is married and has 4 kids.
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- July 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- 46,730 hits